Free antivirus from Kaspersky, which offers the same level of protection as the premium edition and doesn't contain ads or commercials
Released for users running Windows XP through 10, Kaspersky Free is a free antivirus application that contains all the bare essentials found in Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security.
Kaspersky Downloads You can download our FREE security tools, get a FREE trial of one of our security solutions or update your current Kaspersky Lab product. Download Kaspersky Total Security (2020) 30-days free trial and get a best protection for all your devices from any cyber threat. Kaspersky Internet Security (2020) software delivers premium protection against viruses, cyber attacks and prevents identity theft. Stay safe online and avoid cyber threats in 2020! Try Kaspersky Internet Security (2020) for free during 30 days to protect your digital life from any cyberattack that threaten you while you are online. Aug 26, 2020 Kaspersky Anti-Virus, free and safe download. Kaspersky Anti-Virus latest version: The ultimate protection against viruses. Kaspersky Anti-Virus is the new edition of the well-known antivirus program, now with a more powe.
Besides several scanning modes and a real-time guard against incoming malware, it comes equipped with automatic updates, quarantine manager, self-defense mode, and more. There's even a VPN tool shipped with this app, called Kaspersky Secure Connection. Most importantly, unlike many free av we've come across during our software expeditions, this one doesn't have third-party offers during setup or banners within the interface.
Free antivirus without ads or third-party offers
Free email registration is necessary, though. Also, there are several modules greyed out in the UI, which are dedicated to users ready to switch to a premium version of Kaspersky. However, making the switch isn't mandatory.
Because this is basically a lesser version of Kaspersky Internet Security, it has the same appearance and standard options. You can get started by downloading the latest virus definitions and running a full scan to see what's going on. It's actually recommended to run full scans on a weekly basis.
Various scan modes, real-time guard, self-protect, and more
There's also a quick scanning mode that looks only into critical parts of the hard drive where malware agents like to hide, and it's advisable to run it as often as possible. The selective scan mode applies to custom drives, directories or files you find suspicious, while the external device scan is available for any foreign devices that get plugged into your PC, such as external hard disks or USB flash drives.
Full and quick scans can be scheduled to run automatically by Kaspersky Free. You can send suspicious or infected files to the quarantine, examine reports, temporarily disable the real-time guard, allow auto scans when the PC is idle, disable scheduled tasks when running on low battery, and allow the tool to check the PC for rootkits.
Customize settings or efficiently protect your PC with the default configuration
Furthermore, you can choose the file types to scan, determine the action on thread detection (notify, disinfect, delete, delete only of disinfect isn't possible, autoselect), control the security level (low, recommended, high).
Kaspersky Free worked smoothly on Windows 10 in our tests and had minimal impact on PC performance. It's definitely worth looking into if you can't afford a premium antimalware application just yet.
Filed underKaspersky Free was reviewed by Elena Opris
- Certain visible features are greyed out and only available in Kaspersky Antivirus and/or Internet Security:
- Safe Money
- Privacy Protection
- Parental Control
- Protection for all Devices
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk
- Network Monitor
- Software Updater
- Application Control
- Trusted Applications mode
- Vulnerability Scan
- PC Cleaner
- Privacy Cleaner
- Browser Configuration
- Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting
- 1500 MB free space on the hard drive
- Internet access (for the application installation and activation, for the use of Kaspersky Security Network, and for updating databases and application modules)
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Windows-based tablets:
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 600
- It is now possible to scan scripts using Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI). AMSI is a standard Microsoft interface that allows scanning scripts and other objects. The component can only detect a threat and notify about it, but it does not handle threats. The component is available in Microsoft Windows 10 or later.
- Scanning of encrypted connections has been improved. You can now choose actions for sites that returned scan errors and add such sites to exclusions.
- It is now possible to disable decryption of Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
- The Tools window has been improved. Application features are now categorized to help you find specific features faster.
Kaspersky Free 188.8.131.525Softpedia Editor's Pickadd to watchlistsend us an update
Kaspersky Download Already Purchased
- runs on:
- Windows 10 32/64 bit
Windows 8 32/64 bit
Windows 7 32/64 bit
Windows Vista 32/64 bit
Windows XP 32/64 bit
- file size:
- 162 MB
- main category:
- visit homepage
Kaspersky Download Free
top alternatives FREE
Kaspersky Download Blocked Notifications
top alternatives PAID